Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 1:17 pm
HOW MUSALIA EVADED OVERTURES FROM KIBAKI
Word has come out, already in the public domain, detailing how ODM Pentagon member and Sabatia MP, Hon. Musalia Mudavadi evaded traps set by Kibaki to derail ODM's quest for justice, peace and respect for democracy in the period preceding the announcement of the flawed presidential election results, and proceeding into January 2008.
As the 2007 election results trickled in showing Kibaki losing more than twenty of his cabinet members including his former Vice President, ........and trailing badly in the presidential vote count, ...which the reputable International Republican Institute final exit-poll actually recorded Raila Odinga winning by an 8% margin........a relentless overdrive to present an 'attractive' offfer for the Vice Presidency, to Hon. Musalia Mudavadi, was being made.....as simultaneous doctoring of presidential tally and preparations for a rushed and secret swearing in of Kibaki was going on.
It seemed the Kibaki handlers initially looked in the direction of Musalia Mudavadi to effect a divide-and-rule shocker of magnanimous proportions, to further decimate the robbing victim, ODM.
Credible reports have now confimed that relentless approaches to Musalia Mudavadi were made from the highest level as results were awaited, and continuing upto the point where Kibaki announced his illegitimate half-cabinet. Emmissaries sent include current Ministers and top bureaucrats in the illegitimte government of Kibaki, State House operatives, media consultants close to Kibaki, and even Kibaki's own kin.
All the attempts were rebuffed by Musalia's handlers. Had the Sabatia MP strategists let the Kibaki emissaries reach Musalia Mudavadi, a propaganda coup by PNU would have been won, they claim.
PNU seemed ill-bent on compromising Hon. Musalia Mudavadi and making him appear a major ODM sell-out, in their quest to kill two birds with one stone,.....divide ODM.....and deflate Raila's unity drive. Musalia's handlers argue that the mere fact that Musalia would have been talking to Kibaki and PNU would have divided ODM. Musalia, they say, would have lost face again as a back-peddler and traitor!
Mudavadi's operatives, who include a media-savvy political operator, clearly understood that the moment a whiff of contact with Musalia was in the air, the media would have been alerted to spread the propaganda.
The same strategists have warned that a new approach by PNU is currently being extended as part of the old plot to divide ODM.
While the initial plot aimed at branding the ODM leaders into two distinct groups,.....a hardline group consisting of Raila, Ruto and Ngilu......and a moderate group with Nyaga and Musalia......with a view of creating suspicion among them.......the new plot goes beyond leaders............it targets communities.
The fear and reality of isolation by the rest of Kenya has made top PNU honchos quite restless, driving them into offensive, to divide Kenyan communities and thus 'level' the field.
This is essentially the reason Kibaki and his handlers fear another election re-run. The fear of confirmation of that isolation. The fear of a resounding public rejection and humiliation confirmed to the rest of the world.
This fear still exists inspite of Kibaki's 'miraculous' political catch of Kalonzo Musyoka into his smoke-filled Nyooba of PNU.
PNU's new divide-and-rule strategy now aims at dividing the ethnic solidarity between many communities coalesced around ODM. PNU cannot stand the fact that it is essentially an isolated platform outside Central and parts of Eastern Province.
It is easier for Kibaki to fight to divide a united ODM rather than build confidence and sell PNU to others in Kenya, a task that eluded him during the campaigns......where he failed (to rally others to his side) miserably, despite wanton bribery using state resources (districts, universities, divisions, roads, water etc).
PNU's foot-dragging and delaying tactics with regard to the Kofi Annan mediation talks (for instance their 48-hour wait after the the arrival of Cyril Ramaphosa into Kenya, before rejecting his role, rather than outright rejection before Cyril boarded a plane to Kenya in the first place) are aimed temporarily to buy time and slowly consolidate power by further dividing Kenyan communities.
Sources very close to Mudavadi intimate that Kibaki's priority aim is to wear down the tide of support for the ODM.....reverse the initial overwhelming public support for ODM's stand on elections......paint the ODM leadership in bad light with regard to spontaneous acts of violence and killings........and thus effect the collapse of ODM's unity.
Of course, Musalia is aware all these tactics will fail since the nation has totally rejected the notion that injustices, impunity and undemocratic practices will continue as a way of life.
From the horse's own mouth,.......Musalia Mudavadi warns that attempts to divide ODM are real, but will all fail..... Beware!
His operatives warn that the active and visible attempts by Kibaki to blatantly divide the Kenyan communities, especially those residing in Western Kenya has come in several ways,......
(1) Provincial Administration instigated clashes between the Luhya and Kalenjin at Hamisi and Vihiga border with Nandi.
(2) Provincial Administration instigated clashes between the Maasai-Kisii-Kipsigis. (aided by 2 prominent PNU politicians)
(3) Provincial Administration instigated clashes between the Sabaot and Bukusu on one hand, and Nandi-Bukusu on another in Trans-Nzoia. (aided by a former Kibaki cabinet Minister and Assistant minister)
(4) Provincial Administration instigated clashes between the Luo and Kisii (aided by a former Kibaki cabinet Minister, two formerly banned gangs reactivated on November 16th, 2007 and the Administration Police)
(5) Assassinations of two ODM MPs,.....first... Embakasi's Hon. Mugabe Were (to intimidate and coerce Luhya ODM MPs fearing for their lives, to cooperate with the illegitimate Kibaki machinery).....then Ainamoi's Hon. David Too (to directly instigate ethnic clashes between the Kisii and Kipsigis, which can be confirmed to continue in Sotik and Bonchari as recent as today)
(6) The political assassinations (whose investigation offer by FBI have been rejected by the illegitimate government) are further used as warning shots....to create the perception that the illegitimate Kibaki machinery WILL still force legislative advantage of numbers on their side at whatever cost.
Mudavadi's close advisors say that there are also subtly hidden divide-and-rule tactics in process,..... new wine in an old bottle that goes something like this;
* ' The Luo will throw stones for a while and then stop. The police will shoot as many as possible' Meanwhile....
* 'Show the Luhya that they are supporting a futile cause. The assumption is that they are easy to buy with a few positions in government. Just soften them by pretending to praise their leaders in ODM. That's why you hear 'tafhadhali Mudavadi' or 'we can do business with him'.
Notice that the media has taken to saying 'he is sober' or 'his humbleness.. '
* A protracted battle to tame the most skillful ODM grassroots mobilizer in the Rift Valley, to clip his political wings and cripple ODM so to speak,.......The gigantic propaganda that 'Ruto is the main problem', 'isolate Ruto to deal with the Kalenjin', 'Ruto is the sponsor of genocine', 'No one should side with him', 'He should be taken out', 'He is holding Raila at ransom',....all these to ensure suspicion is created within the Pentagon..........all these to consequently incite the Kalenjin to attack and evict neighbouring ODM communities as a means of isolating them........
In conclusion, Musalia's advisors urge ODM to continue being steadfast in their quest for justice, peace and democratic rights.......while cognisant of the fact that falling into the traps of Kibaki's divide-and-rule to tear apart ODM's unity is the surest way to compromise the very tenets of justice, peace and democracy.
They insist ODM will treat the Kofi Annan talks with utmost respect while appreciating the reality that Kibaki's handlers are further compromising the nation's unity by fueling and instigating more ethnic clashes and state sponsored violence aimed at dividing the country.